The CASAS assessments are a system of adult basic education tests, designed to ensure that adult learners possess the reading and math skills necessary to succeed in a range of careers.
- Sample e-CASAS Test Practice: https://casasportal.org/eTests
- Sample CASAS Math questions
- Sample CASAS Reading questions
- Examples of DC Workforce Development Programs requiring the CASAS:
- UDC Workforce Development and Life-long Learning Center (UDC-WDLL)
- United Planning Organization Workforce Institute: Most programs require an 8th-grade CASAS level (Reading 231, Math 221), except for Building Maintenance Professional.
- Excel Automotive Institute: Requires a 10th-grade CASAS level.
- Important: Calculators are NOT allowed on the CASAS exam.
- Prepare for the CASAS: https://casasportal.org/eTests
ASVAB Exam - Armed Service Vocational Assessment Battery
The ASVAB is a multiple-aptitude battery that measures developed abilities and helps predict future academic and occupational success in the military.
- The ASVAB test includes 10 subtest components: General Science (GS), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Word Knowledge (WK), Paragraph Comprehension (PC), Mathematics Knowledge (MK), Electronics Information (EI), Auto Information (AI), Shop Information (SI), Mechanical Comprehension (MC), Assembling Objects (AO)
- The ASVAB Armed Forces Qualification Exam (AFQT) score depends on scores from these four subtests: Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Word Knowledge (WK), Paragraph Comprehension (PC), Mathematics Knowledge (MK)
- The ASVAB AFQT scores allowing entry to each military branch are below:
- US Army & National Guard – 31 with a HS Diploma
- US Marine Corps – 32 with a HS Diploma
- US Navy – 35 with a HS Diploma
- US Air Force – 36 with a HS Diploma
- ASVAB Scheduling & Preparation Resources
- Sample ASVAB Questions
- Your AFQT score focuses on these sub-tests: Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Word Knowledge (WK), Paragraph Comprehension (PC), and Mathematics Knowledge (MK)
- ASVAB Practice Test
- ASVAB Career Exploration Program
- Important: Calculators are NOT allowed on the ASVAB exam.