Culinary Arts Job Training
Our renowned training program provides culinary arts education, career readiness training, and real-world internships for adults who have experienced barriers to employment, as well as young adults ages 18-24 who are not in school or working. Through this 14-week course, trainees receive hands-on culinary training and career readiness training as they prepare to earn two valuable credentials, including the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification.
Position/Opportunity: Culinary Arts Job Training
1. Be at least 18 years of age.
2. Be available to be in class from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday
3. Must not have any outstanding arrest warrants.
4. Must live in a stable housing environment.
5. Have 120 days drug free before the first day of class and be willing
to undergo random drug screenings throughout the training.
6. Be either unemployed or underemployed.
7. Be able to see well enough to read at 2.5 feet with
8. Be able to stand for a minimum of 8 hours with two 15 minute breaks
and be able to lift 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
9. Be able to hear in a noisy environment with background noise
from a distance of 20 feet with reasonable accommodations.
Be curious, ready to learn, and able to complete all
Be interested and eligible to work full-time in a food service career.
If there is anything that would prohibit you from working FULLTIME, you will not be eligible.
Complete Application (Online or Paper Copy)
Candidates may pick up a paper application at the DC Central Kitchen Klein
Center for Jobs and Justice at 2121 1st St. SW Washington, DC 20024
Referral form or reference letter
Recent (within the last year) TB Test
Government-issued photo ID
Social security card
Be able to pass the culinary job training entry exam.
Have the basic English skills needed to benefit from the program
After submitting your application, selected candidates will be scheduled for their 1st interview. After a successful interview candidates will be scheduled for a 3-day evaluation period
Start Date: February 24, 2024
Deadline: February 24, 2024